A More Perfect Union: The Role for Community Foundations in Building Democracy and Creating Equity and Opportunity for All
Our 2017 Fall Forum took place on October 3-4 in Seattle, Washington and was hosted at the Seattle Foundation.
Our Fall Forum features thought-provoking keynote speakers who are well-versed in issues that affect the community foundation field.
In 2017, our keynote speakers were:
- Archon Fung, Professor of Democracy and Citizenship at the Harvard Kennedy School
- Robert Rosen, Director at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- James Head, President & CEO of the East Bay Community Foundation and Kristen Cambell, Executive Director at PACE
- Michael McAfee, President of PolicyLink
Excellent, provocative content and compelling speakers.
In 2017, community foundation leaders hosted a conversation on “Building Democracy: Seizing the Moment for Community Foundation Action”.
This discussion included:
- David Boardman, Dean at the Klein College of Media and Communication at Temple University and Pedro Ramos, President, and CEO of The Philadelphia Foundation who spoke about the sustainable local journalism imperative.
- Humboldt Area Foundation’s Ron White, Leadership Program Manager, and Patrick Cleary, Executive Director who spoke about community-driven problem-solving.
- Daniel Ash, Chief Marketing Officer at The Chicago Community Trust who spoke about civic dialogue.
- Aaron Robertson, Director of Community Programs at the Seattle Foundation who spoke about building community power.