Our Vision and Mission
We envision a world in which community foundations are vital partners in building communities where all residents are prosperous, healthy and secure.
Our mission is to help community foundations build strong communities by advancing effective practices, sharing knowledge and galvanizing action on critical issues of our time.
Our values are the principles that we use to guide our work each day:
- Learning. We believe that organizational excellence and effectiveness are driven by a commitment to ongoing learning.
- Knowledge. We believe information of all kinds — including data, research and lived experience — is essential to the ability to lead, set sound strategies, and solve problems.
- Respect. We value and consider each other in all our interactions.
- Collaboration. We believe in creating solutions together, harnessing the ideas, knowledge, and experience of a wide range of individuals and institutions to create the best results.
- Equity. We believe inclusion and representation matter and that the input and voices of those most impacted by issues and decisions are needed to create the healthy, thriving communities at the core of our mission. Read CFLeads’ full racial equity statement >