CFLeads and Welcoming America are jointly offering community foundations the opportunity to apply to participate in a Community of Practice. This Community of Practice is designed to support community foundations in deepening their welcoming and belonging work and knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Welcoming America is a nonprofit leading a movement of inclusive communities becoming more prosperous by ensuring everyone belongs, including immigrants. They believe that all people, including immigrants, are valued contributors and vital to the success of our communities and shared future. Through the Welcoming Network, Welcoming America works to help communities develop the roadmap they need to create welcoming policies and share new approaches to inclusion to create an environment where everyone can truly thrive.
About the Community of Practice
Fifteen community foundation staff members will be selected to participate in this Community of Practice. It is recommended that participating community foundations identify one or two staff to participate.
The Community of Practice will:
- Meet virtually three times in 2024:
- March 12, 2024 – 1 – 2:30 p.m. Eastern
- May 7, 2024 – 1 – 2:30 p.m. Eastern
- June 11, 2024 – 1 – 2:30 p.m. Eastern
- Meet in person on April 10, 2024, at the Welcoming Interactive in Dallas.
- Attend the Welcoming Interactive in Dallas from April 10 – 12, 2024.
- The Welcoming Interactive is an annual conference that highlights successful practices and inspiring stories about immigrant inclusion, programs, policies, and partnerships on economic development, civic engagement, government leadership, and more. Attendees learn about local innovations from peer communities and come away with new ideas and energy to foster welcoming places for all.
The Welcoming Interactive conference fee will be waived for each community foundation participant in the Community of Practice. Each community foundation will also receive a travel stipend of $1,400.
Interested in learning more? Watch our informational webinar to hear an in-depth description of the program:
Elements and Benefits
- Three virtual meetings focusing on core competencies.
- Each participating community foundation will receive a complimentary Core Membership to the Welcoming Network.
- Access to tools and resources.
- Speakers from the Welcoming Network to share best practices and challenges.
If you have any questions please contact Caroline Merenda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a joint program brought to you by CFLeads and Welcoming America.