- This learning opportunity has passed.
CCA Virtual Gathering
May 26 @ 10:00 am - May 27 @ 1:30 pm EDTFree
Para verlo en español, da click aquí.
Join colleagues from across the Americas for one or more of these interactive conversations that focus on strengthening organizational inclusion and change at our CCA Virtual Gathering, May 26-27.
Connecting Communities in the Americas (CCA)’s mission is to inspire and strengthen community foundations and partners for local impact as they address social and economic issues that transcend borders.
Strengthening organizational inclusion and change – Thursday, May 26
We will begin each session as a large group and then break into pairs or small teams for deeper discussion. Interpretation services in English, Spanish and Portuguese will be provided. (All times in Eastern, UTC-4.)
- 10 – 11:15 a.m. How do we draw new voices into our organizational decision-making?
- 12 – 1:15 p.m. How do we foster a new generation of community builders and philanthropists?
- 2 – 3:15 p.m. How do we begin conversations with our Board when organizational change is needed?
- 4 – 5:15 p.m. How can our organization ensure that we are practicing inclusive communication within our community?
Current migration trends and engaging at a local level – Friday, May 27
We are honored to have Andrew Selee, President of the Migration Policy Institute, join us for his insight on current trends in migration and opportunities for us to play a critical role in our local communities. This is followed by a panel discussion of community foundations from Mexico and the U.S. about how they are working with their transnational communities. Interpretation services in English, Spanish and Portuguese will be provided.
Time: 12 – 1:30 p.m. Eastern
For more information or questions about the virtual gathering, please contact Lisa Schalla, CCA Project Director at email@example.com. We look forward to having you join us!