Going All In: Harnessing the Momentum
Our 2021 Fall Forum took place virtually between September – October 2021.
Looking Ahead: Perspectives on a Tumultuous Year
In the weeks leading up to the Fall Forum, community foundation leaders interviewed five experts about the different crises we collectively experienced in 2020. During these virtual sessions, content experts discussed the trends emerging over the last year and how community foundation leaders can be proactive and prepared to respond to community needs.
- Speaker: Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Interviewer: Dr. Helene D. Gayle, President & CEO, The Chicago Community Trust
- Speaker: Gina McCarthy, White House National Climate Advisor
- Interviewer: Javier Soto, President & CEO, The Denver Foundation
- Speaker: Neel Kashkari, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Interviewer: Laura Gamble, Trustee Emerita, Baltimore Community Foundation and Regional President, Greater Maryland at PNC Bank
- Speaker: Jim Friedlich, Executive Director & CEO, The Lenfest Institute and Lisa Hughes, Publisher & CEO, The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Interviewer: Pedro Ramos, President & CEO, Philadelphia Foundation
- Speaker: Heather McGhee, Author, The Sum of Us
- Interviewer: Isaiah Oliver, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Greater Flint
- Tonya Allen, President of the McKnight Foundation spoke about philanthropy’s responsibility to advance equity by being radical.
- Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison spoke to Minneapolis Foundation President & CEO R.T. Rybak about why and how he stepped up to take the role in the Derek Chauvin trial, as well as how government can partner with community foundations to make tangible impact in communities.
In 2021, we also spent time with community foundation leaders exploring the five competencies for community leadership and how they are being used to advance the areas of momentum identified in Going All In.
- Using Data with Indian River Community Foundation
- Cross-Sector Collaboration with Rhode Island Foundation
- Neil Steinberg, President & CEO
- Arianne Corrente, Vice President of Communications and Marketing
- Engaging Residents with Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Influencing Public Policy with San Francisco Foundation
- Fred Blackwell, CEO
- Marshalling Resources with Central New York Foundation