Community Connection in Times of Crisis
April 9 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until April 30, 2020
Community Connection in Times of Crisis is a weekly virtual gathering for community foundation staff to share their experiences responding to COVID-19 through a community leadership perspective. Together, we will explore best practices for bringing our relationships, tools and resources to the table to address this crisis, both in the short-term and in the long-term as our communities begin to recover and rebuild. You can register for the webinars using this Zoom link.
Meeting 2 – Thursday, April 2
At our second meeting, we’ll discuss the importance of continuing to listen to underrepresented populations in times of crisis, ways to invest in self-care for ourselves and our non-profit partners, and how to punch above our weight by working collaboratively with community partners on immediate and long-term recovery needs.
- Chris Barge, VP of Strategic Initiatives at the Community Foundation Boulder County
- Bridget Wilkinson, Executive Director at the Bozeman Area Community Foundation
Meeting 1 – Thursday, March 26
At our first meeting, we discussed building on existing relationships to support the public sector, fostering community trust and transparency, and using innovative tactics and strategies to support the most vulnerable among us.
- Ellen Gilligan, President & CEO at the Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Isaiah Oliver, President & CEO at the Community Foundation of Greater Flint
- Patricia Mejia, Vice President, Community Engagement and Impact at the San Antonio Area Foundation