- This learning opportunity has passed.
Looking Ahead: Perspectives on a Tumultuous Year
September 20 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Monday, repeating until October 4, 2021
Part of our virtual Fall Forum, Looking Ahead is a five-part interview series tackling the five overlapping crises of the past year: public health, economy, climate change, race and democracy.
In this series, community foundation leaders will interview subject matter experts on the current state of these crises and what community foundation leaders can do to support their communities as we continue to navigate these tumultuous times.
- Date: September 13, 1-2 p.m. Eastern
- Speaker: Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Interviewer: Dr. Helene D. Gayle, President & CEO, The Chicago Community Trust
- Date: September 20, 1-2 p.m. Eastern
- Speaker: Gina McCarthy, White House National Climate Advisor
- Interviewer: Javier Soto, President & CEO, The Denver Foundation
- Date: September 27, 1-2 p.m. Eastern
- Speaker: Neel Kashkari, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Interviewer: Laura Gamble, Trustee Emerita, Baltimore Community Foundation and Regional President, Greater Maryland at PNC Bank
- Date: October 4, 1-2 p.m. Eastern
- Speaker: Jim Friedlich, Executive Director & CEO, The Lenfest Institute and Lisa Hughes, Publisher & CEO, The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Interviewer: Pedro Ramos, President & CEO, Philadelphia Foundation
- Date: October 12, 1-2 p.m. Eastern
- Speaker: Heather McGhee, Author, The Sum of Us
- Interviewer: Isaiah Oliver, President & CEO, Community Foundation of Greater Flint
Ticket types are available for all staff, board and leadership of community foundations.