- This learning opportunity has passed.
Stopping the Spread of Hate: Implications for Community Foundations
February 25, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
As a community leader, you have been confronted with the rise of extremism, hate speech, and polarization that has entered our public sphere in recent years. For community foundations striving to build racial equity and help America live up to its democratic ideals, this has led to a recognition that some grantmaking from donor-advised funds (DAFs) may be working at odds with organizational goals.
CFLeads is offering a webinar, “Stopping the Spread of Hate: Implications for Community Foundations,” to discuss how to protect community foundations from inadvertently funding and spreading hate through their DAF portfolios or other grant programs.
- Shelly O’Quinn, CEO of Innovia Foundation (serving Eastern Washington and North Idaho)
- James Head, President & CEO of East Bay Community Foundation (based in Oakland, California)
- Eric Jolly, President & CEO of Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation
- Abbas Barzegar, Director of the Horizon Forum, a new initiative addressing the problems of extremism, political polarization, and their impact on philanthropy, will participate as a discussant