A new offering in our Executive Leadership Institute program, the ELI for CFOs cohort meets for one two-day virtual gathering to assess their organization’s community leadership practice, exchange stories about their organization’s successes and challenges, and debate and explore the appropriate role of finance in supporting their community foundation’s community leadership agenda.
The cohort also participates in quarterly calls to facilitate focused conversations on specific topics and workshop individual challenges.
Participating in ELI has created space for me to live into my role as a community foundation CFO and benefit from the valuable knowledge and resources shared by my peers.
- Create a better understanding of the key elements of community leadership for community foundations;
- Identifying finance’s role in helping to support the community foundation’s community leadership strategies and practices;
- Advance specific community leadership practices at participating CFOs’ foundations;
- Build peer connections and seed potential collaboration through peer learning and collaborative problem solving; and
- Make progress on a self-identified community leadership challenge.
Our 2023-24 ELI for CFOs cohort includes:
- Paige Bramstedt, Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
- Jamie Cecilia, Adirondack Foundation
- Brian Dineen, Blue Grass Community Foundation
- Michelle Huddle, McPherson County Community Foundation
- Karla Jones, Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
- Michelle Kine, Black Belt Community Foundation
- Wendy Ponting, Collier Community Foundation
- Carrie Ryan, Centre Foundation
- Bryan Tait, The Pittsburgh Foundation
- Savannah Zamora, Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico