ELI for VPs 2023-24 cohort explores community leadership practices in Pittsburgh, PA
The 2023-24 ELI for VPs cohort met for the first time in Pittsburgh, PA, and were generously hosted by The Pittsburgh Foundation! Participants were introduced to the Framework for Community Leadership and discussed their individual community leadership goals.
The cohort also heard from Phil Koch, VP of Policy & Impact, The Pittsburgh Foundation, who shared the Foundation’s community leadership journey and the corresponding internal changes that have been put into motion to realize their vision.
Please join us in welcoming the new ELI for VPs 2023-24 cohort. We wish you well on your exciting community leadership journey!
- Leann Ayers, Philadelphia Foundation
- Maria Cortez, Stanislaus Community Foundation
- Jonathon Dyck, Victoria Foundation
- Lottie Ferguson, Community Foundation of Greater Flint
- Carol Hall, Victoria Foundation
- Holly Morehouse, Vermont Community Foundation
- Theresa Nakata, San Diego Foundation
- Jennifer Russell, Adirondack Foundation
- Elizabeth Schultheiss, Battle Creek Community Foundation
- Sara Shaut, Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes
- Maria Whyte, The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
- Michael Yonas, The Pittsburgh Foundation
Connecting Communities in the Americas invites participants to discuss critical issues
In August, CCA Learning Exchange grantees shared their experiences of visiting each other’s foundations and how this helped to strengthen their local impact. Participating foundations included:
- Instituto Cacimba, Brazil
- Taboa Fortalecimento Comunitário, Brazil
- St. Croix Foundation for Community Development, USA
- Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky, USA
- Black Belt Community Foundation, USA
- Fundación Comunitaria Oaxaca, Mexico
- Instituto Baixada, Brazil
- Fundación Punta de Mita, Mexico
- Fondo Comunitario Monteverde, Costa Rica
- West Central Initiative Foundation, USA
- The Winnipeg Foundation, Canada
In September, participants heard from the Puerto Rico Community Foundation about their experience and accountability strategy as they face natural disasters. Participants also shared their own ideas and opportunities related to preparedness, response and recovery from human and natural disasters in their regions.
CFLeads staff engage in conversation with the Greater Washington Community Foundation
In September, CFLeads staff met in Washington, D.C. for a staff advance, generously hosted by the Greater Washington Community Foundation. CFLeads staff discussed exciting new updates and heard from Tonia Wellons, President and CEO of the Greater Washington Community Foundation, who shared how their community is coming together in innovative ways to support each other.
Dr. Tiffany Manuel joins the Fall Forum as a plenary speaker
As the current CEO of TheCaseMade, DrT has worked with thousands of passionate social changemakers, innovators and adaptive leaders around the United States who are building better, stronger communities that are diverse, equitable and inclusive. She is the author of Case Made! 10 Powerful Leadership Principles that Win Hearts, Change Minds, and Grow Impact as well as many reports, journal articles and scholarly papers.
As a distinguished leader, DrT will talk to our audience about how community foundations can lead narrative change conversations to create more inclusive and just communities.
Expanding our knowledge about the impacts of local-level partnership on economic mobility
Want to learn more about how different community foundations are championing economic mobility efforts in their communities? Read about how the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo and the regional chamber of commerce Buffalo Niagara Partnership collaborate across sectors in this new blog post, inspired by CFLeads’ economic mobility webinar series.
- CFLeads is hiring! We work remotely in communities across the U.S., and are excited to expand our team. Learn more and apply today.
- Interested in participating in Horizon Forum‘s Anti-Hate Policy and Protocol Training? Fill out the Indication of Interest form by October 17.
- Apply for the Executive Leadership Institute for CEOs 2024 cohort by November 17.