Collaborating Across Sectors with the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
In June, CFLeads launched our new economic mobility webinar series, featuring community foundations and partners working to advance economic mobility in their communities.
In our first webinar, Collaborating Across Sectors: The Impacts of Local-level Partnership on Economic Mobility, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo and the regional chamber of commerce Buffalo Niagara Partnership shared how they work in partnership on a number of economic mobility initiatives in the region, including the Benefits Cliff Calculator.
Thank you to our wonderful speakers:
- Betsy Constantine, President & CEO, Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
- Dottie Gallagher, President & CEO, Buffalo Niagara Partnership
- Felicia Beard, Associate Vice President, Racial Equity Initiatives, Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
- Maria Whyte, Chief Community Impact Officer & Chief of Staff, Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
ELI for CEOs cohort learn about community leadership in Buffalo, NY
We wrapped up our second Executive Leadership Institute for CEOs 2023 cohort meeting in Buffalo, NY! Participants connected with their peers about their community leadership goals and learned more about Buffalo through two site visits to the Erie County Service Link Stop (Greater Buffalo Racial Equity Roundtable) and the Buffalo AKG Art Museum.
Participants also heard from Darrin Goss, Sr., President & CEO, Coastal Community Foundation who spoke about the community leadership and equity journey of the foundation, its commitment to advancing opportunity and well-being, and the role of advocacy in their work.
Thank you to Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo for hosting us!
CFLeads at United Philanthropy Forum conference
In June, CFLeads staff were excited to attend United Philanthropy Forum‘s Annual Conference in New York City! We engaged in sessions for emerging practitioners & CEOs, learned how to collaborate across sectors for climate, health, and equity, listened in on how knowledge management can be used as a tool for racial equity, learned about maximizing strategic partnerships and so much more!
Fall Forum high-level agenda now available
We were pleased to share that the high-level program for this year’s Fall Forum is now available! We are looking forward to two days of inspiring and thought-provoking sessions hosted by community foundation leaders from across the country as well as national content experts.
Stay tuned for more speaker announcements in the coming weeks! If you are a community foundation leader interested in hosting a breakout session, please contact Melody MacLean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New session with Media Impact Funders announced for Fall Forum
We’re excited to offer an engaging panel session in partnership with Media Impact Funders at the CFLeads Fall Forum. Community foundation staff and board members will discuss philanthropy’s critical role in supporting media, sharing their foundation’s media funding evolution as well as key lessons learned.
- Nina Sachdev, Communications Director, Media Impact Funders
- Dr. Paulette Brown-Hinds, Immediate Past Board Chair, Inland Empire Community Foundation; Publisher, Black Voice News; Board member, The James Irvine Foundation
- Allison Taylor Levine, Vice President for Marketing & Communications, Delaware Community Foundation
- Lauren M. Woods, Program Manager, Building Collective Power, The Chicago Community Trust