In these challenging times, being responsive to community needs is more important than ever. We want to thank U.S. community foundations for all they are doing for their communities in this unprecedented time of uncertainty as we collectively navigate the public health emergency of COVID-19.
We recognize that there are many resources out there to help community foundations deal with the immediate needs surrounding the COVID-19 crisis, and have shared some below. However, we also recognize that the effects of this global pandemic will be felt in our communities long after we move beyond the current stage we are in. Community foundations will be uniquely well-positioned to address the challenges that are likely to emerge.
While it’s important for our physical health to practice distancing during this time, maintaining social connection is just as important for our mental health. That’s why we’re launching Community Connection in Times of Crisis, a virtual space for community foundation leadership. This is a space for community foundation staff to build peer connections and apply a community leadership lens to their ongoing work — addressing both the immediate and the broader, longer-term community needs that will result from this crisis.
We plan to offer weekly webinars for community foundation staff to connect virtually and hear updates about the situation, share what they’re doing from a community leadership perspective, and participate in warm-hearted social bonding with their peers.
We will hold this space for as long as it is needed. In addition, we will use our website and communication channels to amplify the work being done by community foundations across the country to respond to COVID-19 in their communities.
You can find details on these weekly webinars on our Events page.
- Community Foundations Nationwide Launch Relief Efforts, from the Community Foundation Public Awareness Initiative
- Seven Things Philanthropy Can Do, from FSG
- Coronavirus and COVID-19 Funds, from GivingCompass
- Recording: How Philanthropy Can Support and Enhance the Government Response to COVID-19, from Philanthropy California
- Recording: Funder to Funder Call: Sharing Approaches to COVID-19 Community Response, from Council on Foundations
- The Chronicle on Philanthropy has made their COVID-19 coverage free of charge