Practice and Purpose of Policy: A Training for Community Foundation Leaders
February 1, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - February 2, 2023 @ 5:30 pm EST
We’re pleased to be partnering with the Council on Foundations on a new public policy and advocacy training course for community foundations. This training will provide community foundation leaders and staff with the knowledge and resources needed to excel in advocating for the nonprofits and communities doing the hard work of social change.
This learning opportunity is intended for CEOs and senior leadership staff from community foundations of all sizes that are committed to getting more involved in policy and advocacy work.
This training will provide community foundations with:
- Increased understanding of the importance of public policy to improve outcomes
- Improved policy practice
- Increased advocacy action
In this training, participants will:
- Understand a comprehensive picture of possible community foundation strategies to engage in effective public policy advocacy that advances the greater good
- Understand the complex dynamics around foundation staff’s relationships with policy advocacy organizations and explore the optimal relationship for your foundation
- Learn how to build support for advocacy among your foundation’s staff and board
- Learn how to improve your foundation’s grantmaking to more effectively participate in policy advocacy
Please visit the Council on Foundation’s website to learn more and to register for this training.
Date & Time
Wednesday, February 1, 2023 | 1 – 5:30 p.m. Eastern and
Thursday, February 2, 2023 | 1 – 5:30 p.m. Eastern
- Council on Foundations member or CFLeads investor*: $375
- Nonmember: $499
- Pair Registration: $335